eRTOS is no longer officially supported (2006)
You are still free to use it, and I continue to
manuals and answer general questions about it. I just
decided to stop adding functionality to it or fix earlier
design decision. The system is quite stable, the only weak
part is the RS-232 serial handling code.
eRTOS is now FREE software, for
documentation see here
eRTOS provides the tools you need to develop embedded Intel 8086 (and compatible)
network-ready applications quickly.
Multithreaded Internet-accessible applications can be written with just a
few lines of C code.
Typical benefits include:
- the usual pre-emptive multithreading, byte queues, critical
- generate 16 bit real mode applications (experimental, unsupported and incomplete 32 bit protected mode applications with few source code changes)
- create remotely upgradable systems using built-in embedded FTP server - with just one line of C code!
- montitor systems remotely using embedded Web server, Web real-time graphs,
Server Side Includes, etc.
- remotely notify managers of issues using Email, or log events using SYSLOG
- remotely configure systems using embedded Web server with CGI scripting
- manage remotely with SNMP server and SNMP trap client
- includes Borland Compiler license and remote debugging (through serial line)